Singapore Noodles are made with thin rice noodles called vermicelli noodles. The Singapore Fried Vermicelli Noodles embraces exotic flavours with sweet-savoury curry powder, fragrant garlic, ginger and onions along with a lip-smacking sauce of chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, etc. for a savoury, addictive sauce that envelops every nook and cranny of the fresh stir-fried noodles and veggies.
Though the recipe is simple, the taste and aroma of exotic spices and ingredients will bring water to your mouth. You will not be able to resist it while cooking the noodles and it is better to eat when the noodles are freshly cooked to avail the best of its taste.
Time: 1 hour
Singapore Fried Vermicelli Noodles Recipe:
1/4 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined, and rinsed under cold water
6 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 bundle dried rice stick noodles
2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
1/4 pound Chinese roast pork or ham, cut into thin strips
2 eggs, beaten with two pinches kosher salt
1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, julienned
12 snow peas, stemmed, tough strings removed, and slice thinly on the bias
1/2 medium carrot, julienned
1 tablespoon curry powder, divided
2 medium scallions, sliced
To cook delicious Singapore Fried Vermicelli Noodles follow the recipe below.
- Dry the shrimp with paper towels and place in a small bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce to the bowl of shrimp. Mix well and let it set in the refrigerator.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5-6 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse with cold running water, then drain until dry.
- In a small bowl and add soy sauce, garlic, shaoxing wine, white pepper, 2 teaspoons fish sauce and suagr. Mix well and set sauce aside.
- Heat a skillet over high heat, add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, add the beaten eggs when the oil is hot and let cook undisturbed for about 10 second, then gently move the eggs until they start to firm up. Break the eggs into small pieces, then set aside in a large bowl.
- Wipe wok clean and place it on the stove at a high heat, add 2 teaspoons oil and let it heat.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 30-35 seconds. Add roast pork and onion, red bell pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for another 40-45 seconds.
- Add carrots, 1 teaspoon curry powder, season with salt, and cook, strir and toss, until curry is evenly distributed. Empty the wok into the bowl with eggs.
- Wipe the wok clean again. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetbale oil over high heat. Once hot, add the rice-stick noodles and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the sauce and 2 teaspoons curry powder. Stir and toss until the curry powder is evenly spread. Add shrimp, eggs, roast pork, and vegetables to wok and stir-fry for 30 seconds until everything is evenly combined. Season with salt and remove from heat. Add scallions, drizzle with sesame oil, mix well, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Serve yourself hot to enjoy the taste.
Cook more such delicious recipes coming right out of the kitchen of our expert chefs or Order at Urban Tummy.
To explore more cuisines, try out our new Paneer Tikka Masala – a famous Indian curry that is usually paired with roti or naan. It is flavourful and tasty with a mix of rich spices.