Laksa – a traditional Malaysian cuisine cooked with coconut milk and various other spices. An incredibly rich, aromatic, flavoured broth loaded with all the traditional Laksa toppings. The Noodle Laksa soup is considered to be a mix of Chinese, Malaysian and Javanese cuisnie.
Time: 1 hr
Noodle Laksa soup Recipe:
500 ml chicken broth
3 chicken drumsticks
250 ml water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemongrass, white part grated,
1 1/2 tablespoon oil
4/5″ piece of ginger, finely grated
2 birds eye chillis, chopped
2 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 cup laksa paste
400g can coconut milk
Noodles + Toppings
100g Hokkien noodles
80g bean sprouts
50g vermicelli noodles, dried
80g tofu puffs, cut in half
Laksa Chilli Sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 garlic clov , minced
1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon Laksa paste
1 tablespoon chilli paste from the jar, or more Sriracha
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Crispy fried shallots
Fresh coriander / cilantro
Finely sliced red chilli
- Place Chicken broth ingredients in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to simmer, then reduce to medium-high.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken flesh is falling off the bone and liquid reduces.
- Discard skin, pull the flesh off the bone and place in a bowl, discard bone. Set broth aside.
Laksa Chilli Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a huge saucepan at medium-low heat. Add ginger and garlic to sauté for 20 seconds, then add lemongrass and chillis. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add laksa paste on a medium flame and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and 2 teaspoons of Laksa Chilli Sauce. Place lid on and simmer on for 10 minutes.
- Adjust to taste using lime juice and fish sauce. Add tofu puffs. Leave on turned off the stove with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Prepare noodles as per the packet directions.
- Add noodles in 2 bowls. Add shredded chicken on top.
- Pour broth over chicken. Garnish with beansprouts, lime wedges, shallots, coriander. Serve with Laksa Chilli Sauce on the side.
Cook more such delicious recipes coming right out of the kitchen of our expert chefs.
To explore more cuisines, try out our new Chicken Biryani recipe right from houses of India.