Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs is as juicy and crispy as it sounds. Our special recipe will guide you to cook the braised chicken thighs in a special way. The distinctive cooking technique is to make the chicken extra juicy and crispy.
It is a one-pot meal that is extremely easy to cook and you can procure all your proteins in one meal only.
Time: 1 hour 20mins
Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs Recipe:
3 lbs chicken thighs skin-on and bone-in
1 cup sliced fennel bulb
1 cup chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup Greek olives
4 strips lemon peel
10 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup chicken stock
For Smashed Potatoes
1.5 lbs baby creamer potatoes
2-4 tbsp salt
6 tbsp avocado oil, divided
To cook a delicious Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs follow the recipe below.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken all over with salt, around 1/2 tsp per pound of chicken.
- Heat a 5-quart ovenproof braiser pan over medium high heat, and add the chicken thighs to the pan, skin side down. Do not grease the pan.
- Cook the chicken thighs for 8-10 minutes until the skin turns brownish, flip over and cook on the other side too until brownish. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and add the onion and fennel to the pan. Saute for 10 minutes until it turns golden, then add the garlic and saute until fragrant, around 1 minute.
- Add the white wine to the pan, and increase the heat to medium high. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the olives, bay leaf, lemon peel strips, crushed red pepper, thyme, and chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the pan skin-side up and place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the broiler to high, and cook the chicken for about 2-4 minutes to brown and crisp up the skin (watch carefully). Leave the pan on the middle rack of the oven. This will help the skin brown more evenly.
- Remove the chicken and place it aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a pot, add cold water, and add 2 tbsp salt.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let sit for 2 minutes to dry. Then smash it.
- Add 1/4 cup oil to a sheet pan and place the potatoes on top. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp oil on top, then roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until crispy on the bottom and edges. Serve and enjoy!
Cook more such delicious recipes coming right out of the kitchen of our expert chefs or Order at Urban Tummy.
To explore more cuisines, try out our new Paneer Tikka Masala – a famous Indian curry that is usually paired with roti or naan. It is flavourful and tasty with a mix of rich spices.